The Woman’s Twentieth Century Club was established in 1912 for the purpose of individual culture and civic improvements. For many years meetings were held in members’ homes.
By 1919 the Club joined the Florida Federation of Women’s Clubs, becoming the 19th club in Florida. We are also a member of the General Federation of Women’s Clubs, a global organization of over 100,000 women in over 4,000 clubs, actively engaged in volunteer community service.
In 1940 we changed our name to The Ruskin Woman’s Club. That same year the Miller Family deeded their family home to our Club.
Since that time the house and grounds maintenance and preservation have been the responsibility of the GFWC Ruskin Woman’s Club. Through fundraising and donations from the community at-large we faithfully continue to restore this grand piece of history.